Sunday, November 22, 2009

Julie and Julia- A movie for any food lover!





Last night I watched Julie and Julia for the first time.. and to be honest I was AMAZED! That movie was played by Meryl Streep and she definitely deserves an Oscar for her brilient protray of Madame Julia Child... I am chef, not a famous one, but I went to school and studied for 4 years and graduated. I have 4 certificates that “tell me” I am a skilled chef, but still somehow I feel empty and incomplete.. then when I work for a few months and work in the kitchen with various chef's.. I feel wanted and somewhat respected in a way, because I am one of the “boys”. Then when some chef says I am not good at what I am doing or some stupid comment of the sort.. I feel back to being empty again. Then when I watch a movie like Julie and Julia I suddenly feel like I am just a normal chef and the men that dislike me are complete idiots! Julia Child was a comeplete goon the kitchen.. she was funny and corky and she didn't care. She was the chef that could drop something on the floor and say “opps I didn't mean to do that” and laugh about it! Now Chefs these days like Gordon Ramsey what to make the chefing world a mad, angry full of power, position and not fun! Julia was the complete due south. She loved the kitchen, food and even her mistakes. So “thank you” Julia for making me realise how the kitchen, food and even my mistakes can be fine and fun!! I love you!!

To Meryl Streep: She is definitely the Qeen of Movies. I aspire to be her one day!

Kudoes for the movie: 5 Stars!! A must- see for any cook!

No comments:

Post a Comment